Κυριακή 5 Φεβρουαρίου 2017

Installing Samsung printers to KDE linux (e.g. KUbuntu)

Recently I tried to install my C410W Samsung printer to my newly installed KUbuntu 16.10.

The problem:
I found the drivers (from here) and run the ./install-printer.sh script as a superuser (sudo).

Unfortunately, in the Printers application of KDE, I could not see any configured printers and the newly installed printer was not found under the print menu of any applications.

The solution:
After downloading the printer drivers and extracting them (e.g. in your ~/Downloads/uld directory), follow the steps below:

  1.  Open  "System Settings->Printers"
  2.  "Add Printer"
  3. Select your pinter from the list (on the left - see below)
  4. Select "Manually Provide PPD file" and browse to the following location: "/uld/noarch/share/ppd/" and select the file corresponding to your printer. 
That's all, you should be done and dusted, you can print a test page to be on the safe side.

 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: